Please take a moment to carefully read the following to learn more about our information practices, including what type of information is gathered, how the information is used and for what purposes, to whom we disclose the information, and how we safeguard your personal information. Your privacy is a priority at the Company, and we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect it.
1. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you.
2. What information do we collect, and how do we use it?
- Personal contact information you provide to us including: your name, telephone number, and email address;
- Information entered into web forms or surveys accessed on our Site;
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Site, or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Information regarding customer activities on our website. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to our users and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- Anonymous, aggregate information (e.g., non-personal information) which is used to generate statistical reports about the use of our site;
- Information we collect through cookies or log files in order to create a profile, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks, which may be related to your personal information;
- Information to provide services that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve our services; and
- Anonymous information collected from third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf.
Categories of Other Information Collected From Your Mobile Device. If you use your mobile device to visit, access or use the Site, then additional categories of personal and non-personal information collected from you through the Site might include:
- Your name associated with your mobile device;
- Your telephone number associated with your mobile device;
- Your geolocation;
- Your mobile device ID information;
- With your express consent, your contacts and/or contact information (e.g., names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, photos) stored on your mobile device; and/or
- With your express consent, information about third-party software applications on your mobile device (including, without limitation, general software apps, downloadable software apps, social media apps).
- Personal contact information you provide to us including: your name, street address, telephone number, and email address;
- Your sensitive personal information, such as your emergency contact and release information, driver’s license number, and employer information; and
- Your child’s sensitive personal information, including care needs, allergies, medications, medical care provider, and immunization history.
Use of Information. We use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- To tailor programming for your child’s growth and development;
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for the your child and the other children in our care; To effectively communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- To comply with licensing regulations and other legal requirements;
- To operate and improve our website; and
- To ensure advertising is appropriately targeted.
3. Do we share your information?
- If we have your consent to share your or your child’s information;
- If we need to share your information with child care center regulators, medical providers, payment processors, and financial institutions for our bona fide business purposes, if we are required by law to share information, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or the sale of a portion of our assets, any personal information you provide to us may be a part of the assets transferred.
We may take the personal information we receive from individuals responding to our customer surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other customers we may have, to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). The Company then uses the aggregated information to improve the quality of its services to you, and to develop new services. This aggregated non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including collection agencies, merchant database agencies, litigation or to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Child Online Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information. We may also disclose personal information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our contracts, policies and procedures. Finally we may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
4. How do we protect your personal information?
We take your personal information very seriously, and take reasonable precautions—including administrative, technical, and physical measures—to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have incorporated policies and procedures designed to keep any information you provide us safe. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that we believe comply with applicable legal and regulatory standards to keep this information private and secure. When we collect personal information on our Site, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the web address of our Site.
Our websites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required and to make online purchases you must use an SSL-enabled browser in order to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
While we make great efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining your personal information. You can help this effort by taking precautions to protect your personal data whenever you are on the Internet. As with all online activity, we suggest that you change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers and make sure you use a secure web browser.
In addition to using encryption to protect your sensitive information transmitted online, we also work to protect your information offline by restricting access to the personal information about you to only those Company employees that we believe need to know that information in order to provide services for you.
5. Integrity of Your Personal Information
The Company has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided and can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by reaching out to email@example.com. In addition, you can request a copy of your personal information and your interactions with our sales and support agents by contacting us at the email address below.
6. Do our websites collect personal information of children?
No. We have designed our websites for parents and adults, not children. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children who may visit our websites, and we do not want to include any such information in our customer databases. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information through the Site from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, then we will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
We recommend that parents monitor their children’s use of the Internet.
The foregoing is a description of our voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Site, and is not intended to be an admission that we are subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
7. Cookies and Other Technologies
If you are browsing, a cookie is used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to our Site. “Cookies” are small pieces of data that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive. They cannot be used to gather data from your hard drive or obtain personal information. We do not use “cookies” to collect and distribute information to third parties for marketing purposes.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
In addition, we use pixel tags—tiny graphic images—to tell us what parts of our website customers have visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our site. Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read. And they tell us whether emails have been opened to ensure that we’re sending only messages that are of interest to our customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a customer.
8. Data Retention
We may retain your personal information and non-personal information for as long as we believe necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with our products and services and/or the the products and/or services of the Site. We may dispose of or delete any such personal information or non-personal information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by the us or as required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing and for the avoidance of doubt, we may not retain your personal information and non-personal information for any periods of time longer than is permitted by applicable law (including, without limitation, in consideration of any requirements to destroy personal information and/or non-personal information after a reasonable period following the time that any such information is no longer needed for a business purpose under the SHIELD Act or any other applicable federal or state law).
9. Disclaimer of Applicability of Certain State Data Privacy Laws
We are not subject to regulation under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), the Colorado Consumer Privacy Act (“CPA”), the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (“CTDPA”), the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA”) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) (collectively “State Data Privacy Laws”). Therefore, even if you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia and we may have personal information about you that is the type of information subject to the State Data Privacy Laws, the State Data Privacy Laws are not applicable to us or to our relationship with you.
10. Users Outside the Unites States
We are headquartered in the United States of America. Personal information will thus be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the storage or processing of your personal information in the United States and acknowledge that the personal information will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.
11. Links to Sites of Other Companies
Our website has links to the sites of other companies. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
12. Further Questions Regarding Privacy
If your questions are not answered online through this Policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us as follows and we will respond within 30 days:
Child Development Schools, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Office
6053 Veterans Parkway, Bldg. 300
Columbus, GA 31909
Revised and Effective as of 09/07/2023.